With the onset of the Feast of Resurrection of our Lord, the liturgical calendar of the Indian Orthodox Church welcomed the new season- the joyous period from Kymtho till Feast of Pentecost. A word of caution (for this period) from the Late Lamented His Holiness Pope Shenouda III:
“Not fasting during the fifty days from Easter to Whitsun (Feast of Pentecost) is one thing.
But eating without restraint is something else.
Since these fifty days are a celebration period, neither fasting nor ‘matanias’ (prostrations in prayer) are allowed, but that does not mean that a person should lose his self-control, otherwise when he eats, whether it is at an appropriate time to eat or not, it will be in such a way that he harms himself spiritually and physically and loses the spiritual benefits of the Lenten fast and the Holy Week.” -Late Lamented His Holiness Pope Shenouda III (Page 33, Experiences in Life, translated by Mrs. Gylnis Younan, edition 1997)
- THOUGHTS TO LIVE BYJesus Says “I Love You”
- THOUGHTS TO LIVE BYLine was like an arrow to my heart. “I don’t want to waste Crohn’s.”
- THOUGHTS TO LIVE BYWhy I’ve not been Angry at God
- THOUGHTS TO LIVE BYTwo Aspects. Forgiveness !! Forgetting!!
- UncategorizedTHE PATH OF SALVATION – Introduction
- ARTICLESHH Mathews II: A Vibrant and Charismatic Leader
- UncategorizedPrepare O Bethlehem – King Herod and the Holy Innocents
- UncategorizedPrepare O Bethlehem – The Inn, The Cave, The Purpose & The Message
- UncategorizedPrepare O Bethlehem – Magi From the East
- UncategorizedPrepare O Bethlehem – Shepherds Keeping Watch